Pay TV operators, broadcasters, and OTT providers are increasingly using cloud-based workflows to securely deliver premium live and on-demand video content to consumers.
Video providers need a scalable and cost-effective way to convert and package video content into various formats, and to securely distribute it for viewing on different devices.
AWS Media Services are cloudbased services with pay-as-you-go pricing which give customers the capability to ingest, process, package, and deliver video content at scale. AWS Elemental MediaLive is a real-time video encoding service and works in combination with AWS Elemental MediaPackage for content origination, just-in-time packaging and encryption. AWS Elemental MediaConvert is a file-based video transcoding service with packaging and encryption capabilities and may be used independently, with AWS Elemental MediaPackage, or with a third-party origin.
The Video Content Authority System (VCAS) featuring MultiRights OTT is a cloud-based Digital Rights Management (DRM) solution from Verimatrix that provides complete multi-DRM content security for a variety of packaging formats to secure playback across a broad range of client devices. The Verimatrix MultiRights OTT API integration with AWS Elemental MediaPackage and AWS Elemental MediaConvert provides customers with secure, scalable, standards-based solutions for protecting live and on-demand video workflows. MPEG-DASH streaming content with Google Widevine and Microsoft PlayReady, HLS content with Apple FairPlay Streaming, and Microsoft Smooth Streaming with Microsoft PlayReady are all supported.
Verimatrix VCAS solutions secure and enhance revenue for multi-network, multiscreen premium digital video services around the world and are recognized as leading solutions in content security for IP-connected video devices of all kinds.
Live video workflows combine real-time encoding using AWS Elemental MediaLive and just-intime packaging, origination, and encryption from AWS Elemental MediaPackage with MultiRights OTT to securely process and deliver linear broadcast and event-based content to consumers.
File-based video workflows incorporate transcoding using AWS Elemental MediaConvert with MultiRights OTT from Verimatrix and can perform content library conversion and creation of ondemand assets for broadcast and multiscreen delivery.
The MultiRights OTT framework accommodates third-party DRM schemes and client devices under the VCAS architecture for complete end-to-end management of revenue security, with optional video watermarking and real-time data collection and analytics for premium video services.
The MultiRights OTT goal for consumers is a frictionless viewing experience in a multi-DRM universe. By leveraging MultiRights OTT, operators can deploy multi-network services on a platform that will accommodate evolving security regimes and business models while ensuring differentiated multiscreen video services across all device categories.
The use of cloud-based MultiRights OTT from Verimatrix integrated with AWS Media Services enables video providers to process and deliver high quality video streams for broadcast television and multiscreen devices with the security, scalability, and simplicity of cloud-based solutions and pay-as-you-go pricing.
- Legacy solutions require complex, time-consuming integration
- Hardware management, upgrades, and obsolescence increase operator CAPEX cost
- Traditional multi-DRM and encoder / packager integrations limit flexibility
- Single standards-based API simplifies integration and enables an expanded ecosystem
- Enable key server access through IAM role configuration
- Unified support for multiple DRM technologies and packaging formats
- Eliminates management of complex infrastructure
- Reduces costs with pay-as-you-go pricing
- Accelerates time to market with highly customizable cloud-based solution
“MultiRights OTT supports all leading DRMs, streaming formats, and client devices, enabling a frictionless viewing experience in a multi-DRM universe.” Petr Peterka, CTO, Verimatrix
- Unified security authority and services management across devices and networks
- Single VCAS integration point for CRM, billing and middleware systems
- Choice of on-premises or secure cloud deployment, with 24/7/365 support
- Unified treatment of DRM formats, policies and protection regimes
- Well-defined set of content, device and entitlement management APIs
- Subscription, purchase & electronic sell-through, pay-per-view, and rental
- Viewers enjoy a frictionless user experience in a multi-DRM universe
- Seamless integration of third-party business and operations management systems
- Video service providers can stay abreast of changing subscriber preferences