Video providers need a scalable and cost-effective way to convert and package video content into various formats, and to securely distribute it for viewing on different devices. They can do so with AWS Elemental Media Services and EZDRM Universal DRM solutions.
AWS Elemental Media Services are cloud-based services with pay-as-you-go pricing which provide customers the capability to ingest, process, package, and deliver video content at scale. AWS Elemental MediaLive is a real-time video encoding service and works in combination with AWS Elemental MediaPackage for content origination, just-in-time packaging, and encryption. AWS Elemental MediaConvert is a file-based video transcoding service with packaging and encryption capabilities and may be used independently or with a third-party origin.
Universal DRM is a managed cloud-based Digital Rights Management (DRM) solution from EZDRM that provides complete multi-DRM encryption for a variety of packaging formats to secure playback across a broad range of client devices. Universal DRM API integration with MediaConvert and MediaPackage provides customers with secure, scalable, standards-based solutions for protecting live and on-demand video workflows. MPEG-DASH content with Google Widevine and Microsoft PlayReady, HLS content with Apple FairPlay Streaming, and Microsoft Smooth Streaming with Microsoft PlayReady are all supported.
Live video workflows combine real-time encoding using MediaLive and just-in-time packaging, origination, and encryption using MediaPackage with Universal DRM to securely process and deliver linear broadcast and event-based content to consumers.
“Making the decision to collaborate with AWS was easy, because we all win when our customers can get their solution running with minimal fuss.” Olga Kornienko, COO of EZDRM
File-based video workflows incorporate transcoding using AWS Elemental MediaConvert with Universal DRM and can perform content library conversion and creation of on-demand assets for broadcast and multiscreen delivery.
EZDRM’s Universal DRM is a multi-DRM offering that includes support for the most popular DRM technologies. API integration with AWS Elemental solutions enables a gateway for secure CPIX DRM key exchanges that tie directly into either AWS Elemental MediaConvert or AWS Elemental MediaPackage. This collaboration offers video providers the most secure, yet simplest DRM implementation.
The deployment of the EZDRM template into the AWS environment enables a direct link between the KeyZ Key Management Server and the media transcoding pipeline. Once the media job is created, the API Gateway URL will automatically call EZDRM for the DRM keys to be generated and provisioned into the transcoding pipeline.
The use of managed cloud-based Universal DRM from EZDRM, featuring API integration with AWS Elemental Media Services, enables video providers to process and deliver high quality video streams for broadcast television and multiscreen devices with the security, scalability, and simplicity of cloud-based solutions and pay-as-you-go pricing.
EZDRM is a leading provider of DRM with close to two decades of experience, offering a complete, studio-approved multi-DRM solution. Our dynamic, on-demand DRM rules allow content owners to expand viewership and create new revenue streams from their digital assets.
- Legacy solutions require complex, time-consuming integration
- Hardware management, upgrades, and obsolescence increase operator CAPEX cost
- Traditional multi-DRM and encoder / packager integrations limit flexibility
- Single standards-based API simplifies integration and enables an expanded ecosystem
- Enable key server access through IAM role configuration
- Unified support for multiple DRM technologies and packaging formats
- Eliminates management of complex infrastructure
- Reduces costs with pay-as-you-go pricing
- Accelerate time to market with highly customizable cloud-based solutions
- Common Encryption (CENC) support over MPEG-DASH for Microsoft PlayReady, Google Widevine, and Apple FairPlay Streaming
- Support for all major browsers and operating systems
- Playback support for both live and online / offline video-on-demand
- Embraces industry standard DRM technologies, such as CENC
- Eliminates the need for customers to manage capacity and standards updates
- Offers a simple architecture for minimal system impact
- Proxy-based DRM and business rule management
- SDK-less playback implementation
- Support for multi-vendor, best-of-breed workflows
Learn more at https://www.ezdrm.com.