Webstream WS DRM enables secure, live and on-demand media distribution on AWS or on-premises.
More and more, broadcasters and distributors are looking to cloud workflows for cost-efficient content management and distribution. Content security remains a top priority, without compromises; however, the work of integrating with multiple Digital Rights Management (DRM) solutions to ensure secure delivery on virtually any platform can be challenging and complex for customers.
Webstream’s WS DRM provides simple yet secure cloud-based content delivery at a low cost. It supports major DRM solutions, including Microsoft PlayReady, Google Widevine, and Apple FairPlay Streaming, as well as Webstream’s proprietary DRM solution. Along with large-scale distribution, WS DRM can support immersive technology, such as Virtual Reality movies.
WS DRM features API integration via the SPEKE (Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange) API. SPEKE is an an open source API specification that defines the standard for communication between encryptors and digital rights management system key servers. SPEKE is designed for both live and video-on-demand (VOD) workflows using either a static key, which is ideal for VOD, or a rotating key. By providing a single, standards-based interface for integrating any encoder, transcoder, or origin server with any key server, SPEKE simplifies the integration between encryptors and key servers, eliminating the need for separate API integrations between each vendor’s encoder, transcoder, packager, and key server.
WS DRM API integration via the SPEKE API enables media customers to create secure video workflows in the cloud, on-premises, or on hybrid infrastructures. Customers can combine WS DRM with AWS Media Services to prepare, process, and deliver premium video for broadcast and OTT delivery. Additionally, customers can use WS DRM with AWS Elemental software products for on-premises and hybrid video workflows.
For file-based video processing and delivery on AWS, customers can use WS DRM with AWS Elemental MediaConvert, a file-based video transcoding service with broadcast-grade features. This solution helps customers securely deliver premium VOD content for consumer viewing on nearly any device.
Broadcasters and OTT providers can use WS DRM with AWS Elemental MediaPackage to prepare live content for delivery using HLS and MPEG-DASH to deliver live video to connected TVs, mobile phones, computers, tablets, and game consoles. MediaPackage reliably prepares and protects video for delivery over the Internet and makes it easy to implement popular video features, such as start-over, pause, rewind, etc.
For on-premises video workflows, customers can use WS DRM with AWS Elemental Live to protect high-value live video content. AWS Elemental Live enables real-time video and audio encoding. Customers may also use WS DRM with AWS Elemental Delta to reliably package and protect video for delivery to internet-connected devices on a just-in-time basis, reducing the need for costly storage of encoded video assets.
The use of WS DRM with AWS Media Services and AWS Elemental on-premises products is customizable, making it easy for users to set up the workflow they need. This solution also supports the Japanese language, as well as industry standards, such as Common Encryption (CENC) and the Common Media Application Format (CMAF).
Webstream’s WS Player is a multi-device cloud video player with Digital Rights Management for secure viewing. WS Player supports a range of television, desktop and mobile applications, including HTML5 player, Android, iOS, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Windows, and macOS. Webstream also offers a customizable player SDK at a cost-efficient monthly subscription.
- Broadcast and OTT customers expect high availability
- Traditional purpose-built encoding and packaging equipment require up-front capital investment
- Media customers want faster time-to-market and greater ease-of-use
- Scalable and redundant multi-DRM service
- Flexible service software for cloud-based or on-premises workflows
- API integration with AWS Media Services and AWS Elemental software products
- Supports secure delivery to multiscreen devices
- Eliminates management of complex IT infrastructure
- Accelerates time-to-market for new services
“Thanks to the combination of our DRM platform, which is founded on 10 years of experience, and AWS Elemental Media Services, we are able to provide our customers simple a yet secure distribution solution.” Shuji Saito, CTO, Webstream
- Product Description
- Multi-license issue service
- Packaging and Transcode service
- Multi-device playback player which supports common DRMs
- Product Features
- High availability and redundant DRM service
- Industry standard DRM such as CENC and CMAF as well as proprietary DRM
- Archived data can be converted to DASH and CMAF for live broadcast and VOD delivery
- Product Benefits
- Provides a highly reliable system using standard or proprietary DRM
- Multi-DRM platform supports video workflows within AWS cloud
- Playback player which supports DRM delivery for live and off-line viewing
Learn more at https://www.webstream.co.jp