Veset’s playout solutions, together with AWS Media Services, enable the creation of professional linear TV channels and delivery to any linear television distribution platform.
Faced with increasing competition, broadcasters are moving towards fully IP linear TV origination and distribution in order to maximise the efficiencies, flexibility, and costs savings that brings. Broadcasters and OTT providers require a scalable and cost-effective way to create, manage and distribute linear TV channels over IP without long term investment into hardware or service contracts.
Veset Nimbus and Cirrus are cloud solutions that enable origination of linear TV channels ready for live and on-demand distribution to any number of possible platforms.
Veset Nimbus is a professional cloud-based playout which allows broadcasters and media companies to originate linear TV channels. Veset Cirrus is a prosumer oriented cloud-based playout, enabling non-traditional video providers to originate professional linear TV channels in a simplified way. Both services feature a web-based interface and pay-as-you-go pricing. Pay-as-you-go pricing means customers only pay for the services they consume, and once they stop using them, there are no additional costs or termination fees.
Veset Nimbus – Professional Playout
Veset Nimbus is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform which manages both file-based and live content and supports rich overlay graphics and SCTE-35 ad triggers. It includes ingest, Media Asset Management (MAM), scheduling, playout and encoding modules to deliver a full playout workflow. Nimbus ingests media files from watch folders, performs quality control and stores assets in cloud storage. MAM manages media assets and serves the files to playout. Scheduling enables users to do long term channel planning, create daily schedules and ingest playouts from 3rd party systems.
Nimbus connects to a customers’ existing Amazon storage account so that media files can be stored and managed directly in Amazon S3 or Amazon Glacier. Nimbus receives playlists from the MAM, ingests live feeds, downloads media assets and graphics from storage, plays out the channel according to the playlist, applies graphics, encodes the media files, and sends the output to the headend.
Nimbus delivers a full-scale playout solution thanks to interoperability with AWS Media Services for video processing and delivery. AWS Elemental MediaLive is a broadcast-grade live video processing service; AWS Elemental MediaPackage reliably prepares and protects video for delivery over the Internet; AWS Elemental MediaStore acts as a low-latency origin optimized for media; and AWS Elemental MediaTailor, which lets customers insert targeted advertising into video streams without sacrificing broadcast-level quality-of-service.
In live video workflows, primary and backup playouts from Veset Nimbus are sent to AWS Elemental MediaLive, which lets customers create high-quality video streams for delivery to broadcast televisions and internet-connected devices, like connected TVs, tablets, smart phones, and set-top boxes. MediaLive ingests those feeds and coverts them to multi-bitrate HLS or MPEG-DASH, as well as adding SCTE-35 markers, DVB SUB or Embedded 608 captions.
Customers may also use AWS Elemental MediaPackage, which reliably prepares and protects video for delivery over the Internet. From a single video input, AWS Elemental MediaPackage creates video streams formatted to play on connected TVs, mobile phones, computers, tablets, and game consoles.
Integrating with AWS Elemental MediaTailor lets customers insert targeted advertising into video streams without sacrificing broadcast-level quality-of-service. With AWS Elemental MediaTailor, viewers of live or on-demand video receive a stream that combines content with ads personalized to them.
Typical use cases include:
- Delivery of channels to a virtual multichannel programming distributor
- Launching an OTT Video-On-Demand library as a linear channel
- Localising and delivering linear content to a global network
- Establishing a cost-efficient cloud-based disaster recovery option for service providers with existing on-premises playout infrastructure
Veset Cirrus – Prosumer Playout
Veset Cirrus is a simple and easy-to-use cloud channel creation tool for live and file-based content, which delivers a professional quality feed. It has an easy and straightforward web-based user interface, meaning users can create a professional looking channel without professional broadcast expertise. At the same time, it is able to deliver broadcast-grade quality to any distribution channel.
Veset Cirrus portal consists of one page dashboard. In this dashboard, the user can upload and manage media assets and graphics elements and set up a simplified overlay template. Users can also add and remove assets to the looped playlist as well as being able to switch on randomisation in the playlist.
As with Nimbus, Cirrus is interoperable with AWS Elemental MediaLive and AWS Elemental MediaStore. It uses Amazon S3 to store the media assets and Amazon EC2 to run the playout instance.
Typical use cases include:
- A celebrity, sports club, or YouTube content creator looking to create a 24/7 channel from pre-recorded and live content who doesn’t have the resources to manage it professionally in a scheduled way.
- Established broadcasters looking to create a local channel with local content in other markets, where the local creative team doesn’t have the budget and expertise in playout and linear channel operations.
- Traditional hardware-based solutions require up front and long term investment
- Other cloud playout software solutions require manual provisioning of infrastructure
- Some playout service providers may require long-term contracts
- Fully cloud-based solution billed monthly
- Built for cloud, utilizes all cloud benefits
- Freely scalable, no commitment
- Cloud-based SaaS eliminates hardware investment and removes barrier to entry into new markets
- Pay-as-you-go solution offers cost savings and flexibility
- Pay-per-use SaaS model eliminates long-term contracts
“Our customers use Veset Nimbus with AWS Elemental Media Services to set up new channels in a fast and cost-efficient way.” Igor Krol, CEO, Veset
Learn more at https://www.veset.tv/