Elemental Perfects the Media Experience On-Premises and in the Cloud at IBC 2016
Company to showcase unified broadcast solutions, migration of video services to the AWS Cloud and next-generation technology advancements
Portland, Ore. – September 1, 2016 – Elemental Technologies, the leader in software-defined video solutions, today announced plans to showcase on-premises and cloud-based video solutions at IBC 2016 that enable premium broadcast and multiscreen content delivery for superior viewing experiences. Elemental and Amazon Web Services will exhibit at stand 5.C80 in the RAI Center, Amsterdam, September 9 – 13.
Software-defined video solutions from Elemental enable broadcasters, content owners, pay TV operators and enterprise customers to implement flexible and scalable video infrastructure and to rapidly deploy new services with cloud-based resources that dynamically scale with demand. At IBC, Elemental will demonstrate its full product suite as well as a host of Amazon Web Services’ offerings that help media and entertainment leaders efficiently expand linear broadcast services and accelerate OTT service launches. Highlights include:
Unified Video Infrastructure:
- High Bitrate Encoding – Support for high-quality HEVC 4:2:2 10-bit encoding at up to 80 Mbps or AVC High 4:2:2 Intra Profile 10-bit encoding to enable content origination workflows.
- DVB/DTH Linear Solution – Reference architecture demonstrates end-to-end linear DVB-S/S2 broadcast to set-top boxes paired with multiscreen distribution. A unified headend solution enables customers to deploy 24/7 linear services quickly and with reduced risk.
- Live Channel Playout – A software-based approach to linear 24/7 broadcast channel creation with dynamic content control and motion graphic overlay reduces video workflow complexity, improves resiliency and lowers operational costs.
- Dynamic Content Control – Seamless input switching between real-time inputs and file-based assets, regardless of resolution or frame rate eases the path to linear 24/7 channel creation, including support for UHD channels.
- Motion Graphic Overlay – Overlay static and motion graphics at 60 frames per second on HD or UHD video outputs to create a broadcast channel experience and advertising opportunity.
- Statistical Multiplexing – Software-based, multi-codec, multi-resolution statmux support allows operators to mix and match different codecs within workflows and delivery networks and thoroughly optimize bandwidth usage.
Migration to the Cloud:
- Amazon S3 Integration – Elemental solutions leverage tight integration with Amazon cloud storage for cloud-based broadcast channel deployments. Support for live channel playout and VOD content storage includes hosting of motion graphics and file-based video assets.
- Enhanced Output Capabilities – HEVC 4:2:2 and AVC High 4:2:2 Intra Profile outputs are now available from the Elemental Cloud platform, making possible the highest quality video workflows on any infrastructure.
- Amazon Direct Connect – Accelerate and optimize large-scale media asset transfer to the AWS Cloud with Amazon Direct Connect for file-based video processing using Elemental Cloud services. Direct Connect also lends stability to live video sources for improved reliability of live channel solutions.
- Live Broadcasting from the Cloud – Instantly create 24/7 live broadcast channels and enable multi-channel linear TV services using the most flexible infrastructure.
- Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration – Achieve faster upload time with accelerated date transfer to the desired S3 bucket location anywhere around the globe. S3 transfer acceleration enables content to be delivered to Elemental Cloud for time sensitive workflows including news and sports.
- Advanced Video Management – Encoder management software offers the features and functionality required by pay TV operators for large-scale linear workflows, including schedule automation.
- SDI over IP – Support for SMPTE 2022-6 uncompressed video over IP and SMPTE 2022-5 forward error correction allows the migration from SDI to IP transport for premium video content.
- High Dynamic Range – HDR 10, HLG HDR, and Dolby Vision implementations illustrate improved color space, deeper luminance and increased bit depth for enhanced image quality.
- Virtual Reality – Powerful encoding allows for creation and delivery of UHD HEVC outputs in real time for immersive virtual reality applications.
- Dynamic Ad Insertion – Reach more viewers with targeted and personalized ad content and video delivery with server-side ad decisioning.
- Multiscreen Monetization – Just-in-time packaging, just-in-time DRM, live-to-VOD and other time-shifted TV services enable video distributors to realize new revenue opportunities.
Technical Paper Presentation
As part of the IBC technical papers program in the main conference, Lionel Bringuier, Director of Product Management at Elemental, will deliver a paper entitled Increasing Ad Personalization with Server-Side Ad Insertion. Bringuier will present on Sunday, September 11 between 12:30 and 14:00 during the Advances in Technology track which takes place in the Emerald Lounge of the RAI Exhibition and Conference Centre.
Elemental DVB Tech Talks
Elemental, together with Nevion and Teleste, will host tech talks on Saturday, September 10 and Sunday, September 11 from 17:00 to 18:00 at Elemental stand 5.C80. In these sessions, subject matter experts from each company will discuss unified DVB-S/S2, DVB-C/CS, DVB-T/T2 and OTT headend reference architecture and the benefit of combining and streamlining DVB and OTT video delivery workflows in a software-based infrastructure.
4K 4Charity Fun Run
The 4K 4Charity Fun Run Series commemorates advancements in video technology by the global media and entertainment industry and the technology vendors who support it. Open to registered attendees at select industry tradeshows, the 4km (2.49-mile) run promotes wellness, networking and charitable giving in a fun, casual environment. To date, this event has raised more than a quarter of a million dollars for global charities, including OXFAM International and Mercy Corps as well as local charities, such as The Shade Tree. Register at 4K4Charity.com/IBC.
Elemental Technologies, an Amazon Web Services (AWS) company, empowers media companies to deliver premium video experiences to consumers. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Portland, Oregon, the company pioneered the use of software-based video processing to distribute and monetize video over the internet. As the leader in software-defined video solutions, Elemental powers video infrastructure for more than 850 top-tier media franchises worldwide and helps pay TV operators, content programmers, broadcasters and enterprise customers bring video content to any screen, anytime – all at once. Elemental solutions are deeply integrated with AWS services, giving video providers the ability to quickly, easily and economically scale workflows on-premises or in the cloud. To learn more, visit www.elementaltechnologies.com and follow @elementaltech on Twitter.