AWS Elemental Illuminates the Future of Video Processing at NAB 2017
Elemental Technologies becomes AWS Elemental, brings video processing leadership and cloud expertise to NAB conference and exhibition
Portland, Ore. – April 18, 2017 – AWS Elemental, an Amazon Web Services company, today announced that it will spotlight innovations in video production, distribution and asset management as it debuts its new brand at NAB Show 2017, April 24 to 27 in booth SU2202 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The company will share insights into the future of the video ecosystem across a series of conference sessions, technology demonstrations and other educational events as well as unveil several new solutions to help content providers take full advantage of next generation video processing workflows.
“The NAB Show gathers the industry’s brightest minds to inspire new ideas at the convergence of technology and entertainment,” said Keith Wymbs, chief marketing officer, AWS Elemental. “It’s the perfect venue to share forward-thinking developments that will help media and entertainment companies better conceive, deliver and monetize their creative brilliance, not to mention an ideal backdrop to launch our new brand to the world.”
Exploring the Future of Video
AWS Elemental will join fellow industry leaders as part of panel sessions throughout the conference. One such session, Reaching for the Stars: Connecting to the Future with NASA and Hollywood, will take place Wednesday, April 26, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. in Room N249-N251 and will feature Sam Blackman and Khawaja Shams of AWS Elemental joining astronauts, filmmakers and technologists to explore the advanced video and cloud workflows that power deep space research and ignite imaginations around the world.
Co-produced by Amazon Web Services, NAB, and NASA, the Super Session will feature the first-ever live 4K video stream from space in an interactive discussion between Blackman and NASA Astronaut Peggy Whitson. The entire event will be available to the public for multiscreen viewing in live 4K and down-converted high definition (HD) video at https://live.awsevents.com/nasa4k.
Demonstrating Next Generation Cloud-Based Video Solutions
The company will demonstrate a variety of innovative workflows and technologies in booth SU2202, all of which run in the cloud:
- High Dynamic Range - Broadcast of HDR 10 and HLG channels using any combination of HLG, HDR 10 and SDR source content with AWS Elemental Live, enabling broadcasters to launch HDR channels with a mix of existing SDR and HDR content, including promotions, advertisements, motion graphic overlay and program content;
- Live Channel Playout - A software-based approach to linear 24/7 broadcast channel creation that reduces video workflow complexity, improves resiliency and lowers operational costs;
- Managing massive VOD libraries – Spotlighting the simplified management of massive VOD content libraries as a single AWS Elemental Delta node manages one million VOD assets, stored in Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and each associated with a thumbnail and metadata;
- Frame accurate live-to-VOD functionality – Frame accurate live-to-VOD clipping will show how content providers can create broadcast quality assets from a live stream, achieve immediate availability of catch-up and clipped assets, and save time and cost by only transcoding assets as needed;
- Cloud-based ingest services – AWS Elemental will showcase a range of integrations with cloud-based solutions for ingest, including AVC and HEVC codecs using RTMP and RTP with forward error correction as well as integrations designed to promote J2K TR-01 contribution, allowing standard contribution sources to be ingested into cloud services.
Partner Expertise at the Ready
AWS Elemental will host several partners, including members of the AWS Elemental Technology Partner Program, who will share their AWS Elemental-enabled solutions for file storage, digital asset management, cloud video distribution, video editing, digital supply chain management and more; in addition, AWS service teams will join the booth to discuss the media and entertainment capabilities of Amazon S3 and Amazon Glacier storage solutions, the Amazon CloudFront content delivery network and Amazon Rekognition image analysis.
4K 4Charity Fun Run
An NAB Show tradition in its fourth year, the 4K 4Charity Fun Run brings the industry together to celebrate its achievements and raise awareness and funding for charitable causes. This year, the 4K 4Charity series will dedicate its proceeds to the vital cause of diversity and inclusion, with proceeds going to Women Who Code and Mercy Corps. The NAB Show Fun Run begins at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, April 25 at beautiful Sunset Park in Las Vegas; to register, visit 4K4Charity.com.
The Debut of AWS Elemental
AWS Elemental today unveiled its new name and brand to reflect the combined resources and cloud computing capabilities of Amazon Web Services with the video processing leadership for which Elemental Technologies has been known since it pioneered the market for software-defined video processing and distribution. The new brand can be seen today on a fully redesigned website at elemental.com and will be unveiled to the industry in person at the NAB Show.
“The name ‘AWS Elemental’ is the best summation of who we are and what we bring to our customers,” said Keith Wymbs, chief marketing officer, AWS Elemental. “Simply put, AWS Elemental combines deep video processing expertise with the virtually limitless resources of the cloud to power our customers’ video processing workflows and give them the tools to perfect the media experience. We look forward to sharing our new brand and the vision it represents at the NAB Show.”
About AWS Elemental
AWS Elemental, an Amazon Web Services company, combines deep video expertise with the power of the AWS cloud. Solutions from AWS Elemental allow broadcast TV and multiscreen video to be customized, originated and monetized at global scale. Flexible, software-based video processing and delivery gives global media franchises, pay TV operators, content programmers, broadcasters, government agencies and enterprise customers the ability to deliver highly differentiated viewing experiences and the freedom to focus on what matters: transforming ideas into compelling content that captivates viewers. Learn more at elemental.com.
+44 7469 707 355