The 2018 IBC Show is nearly upon us! From 14 through 18 Sept., Amazon Web Services (AWS) will be in Stand 5.C80 at RAI Amsterdam, where AWS and partners will spotlight on-premises and cloud video innovations that help media companies build faster, work smarter, increase efficiency, and scale globally.
Visitors will experience real-world demonstrations of appliances and cloud solutions for advancing broadcast and multiscreen video workflows from ingest through distribution. Along with new functionalities for increasing the value and usability of content, the stand will showcase AWS Elemental Media Services, as well as new machine learning applications powered by AWS. Live demos will include:
- Video processing and delivery that increases video quality and reduces end-to-end latency, while saving storage and transfer costs with quality-defined variable bitrate encoding, or QVBR.
- Advanced media formats, including conversion and playout of 4K HDR video, live and VOD packaging and delivery in fMP4 and CMAF formats, and IMF content processing;
- Machine learning-enhanced workflows that support compliance and redaction, automate transcription and caption creation, accelerate language subtitling, automate video clipping, and extract metadata;
- Content personalization and monetization solutions that help maximize the value of your media investments.
- Secure content distribution in the cloud for low-latency live streaming, and protection from denial-of-service attacks and other security threats.
Also in stand 5.C80, AWS will present a Tech Talk on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday at 17:00. “Protecting Individual Anonymity in Video with Machine Learning” offers an in-depth look at TV Globo’s implementation of an automated, easy-to-operate facial redaction system using machine learning services from AWS. To attend, please register at amzn.to/ibctechtalk.
AWS speakers on the conference program include Max Amoredeluso, EU Lead Alexa Evangelist, who will deliver Trailblazer Keynote: Give your vision a voice, 13 Sept., 18:00 to 18:45. Fabrice Rousseau, General Manager, Alexa Skills EU, Amazon, joins an expert panel for Future Interfaces: How voice transforms content, 14 Sept., 12:05 to 12:45. Usman Shakeel, WW Technology Leader for M&E at AWS, will join Deploying component-based workflows: Experiences from the front-line on Sunday 16 Sept., 12:30 to 14:00.
Saturday morning, 15 Sept., AWS Elemental presents the 4K 4Charity Fun Run in conjunction with IBC. This IBC tradition offers show attendees a healthy alternative to traditional networking while raising funds for worthy non-profits. This year’s event will benefit Stichting NewTechKids, which provides computer science education for girls, minorities and economically challenged youth in the Netherlands, and Iridescent, a global education non-profit that empowers underrepresented young people to become innovators and leaders through engineering and technology. To register, visit: https://4k4charity.com/ibc and be sure to pack your running shoes!
We hope to see you in Amsterdam. To schedule a meeting with an AWS expert, visit https://www.elemental.com/newsroom/events/ibc-2018.