If you’re looking for video encoding subject matter experts, the AWS Media Blog is where you’ll find them. From explaining how complex media workflows work in practice, to technical how-to instructions, to choice recaps of technology demos and tech talks from recent industry conferences, all information is presented in a consumer-friendly format. Some recent examples:
In this first of a series, AWS Elemental Senior Solutions Architect Nicolas Weil and Solutions Marketing Manager Kiran Patel explain in detail why latency is a challenge, for content providers and audiences, in live video streaming. “How-to” topics in the series include formulas, workflows, and technical walk-throughs to achieve low latency through:
- Optimization of your video encoding pipeline
- Selecting an appropriate segment duration
- Building the right architecture for your application
- Tuning video player settings
Read it now: How to Compete with Broadcast Latency Using Current Adaptive Bitrate Technologies: Part 1. And stay tuned for additional installments in the coming days.
In a related post, Patel explains origin storage and the role it can play in reducing video streaming latency while maintaining a high quality viewing experience at scale. Get the writes and reads needed with AWS Elemental MediaStore.
Wondering how to configure your video processing with cloud services? AWS Elemental Product Marketing Manager Dan Gehred has authored a five-part blog series – with workflow examples and step-by-step instructions – about how to configure and connect various encoders to AWS Media Services, which you can read now:
- Connecting AWS Elemental Live On-Premises to AWS Media Services in the Cloud
- Connecting OBS Studio to AWS Media Services in the Cloud
- Connecting FFmpeg Using RTP to AWS Media Services in the Cloud
- Connecting FFmpeg Using RTMP to AWS Media Services in the Cloud
- Connecting VLC Media Player Using RTP to AWS Media Services in the Cloud
Keep an eye on this space for continued learnings from AWS video experts immersed in the media and entertainment industry.