As in many places around the world, the media landscape in Norway has experienced a dramatic increase in digital content consumption in the past several years. Norway is home to many prodigious newspapers, magazines and traditional media outlets which are adopting new technologies to extend their reach to audiences. Norsk Telegrambyrå (NTB), Norway’s largest news agency, is no exception.
Founded in 1867, NTB delivers content services in the form of text, images, video and graphics to many Norwegian media outlets, including broadcasters and online newspapers. Focused on domestic news, international news and sporting events, NTB also offers a wide range of services such as distribution of press releases, image storage and language courses.
Recognizing the importance of live video for customers, NTB built a content delivery platform using software-defined video solutions from Elemental. When NTB field reporters cover news events across Norway, the live video stream is sent to an Elemental encoder, which ingests SDI inputs along with a variety of IP streams in RTMP or HLS, and then outputs formatted video for any type of device.
“It’s key for us that all aspects of our broadcast channels are stable and reliable,” said Ivar Ekseth, Project and Video Technician at NTB. “The Elemental encoder that we use is probably the most stable one. I don’t think there’s been one drop in the stream or any of the four channels we have been delivering, and that has been huge.”
Elemental’s flexible and scalable video solutions enable NTB to cover both domestic and international news, and bring a seamless user experience to customers. To learn more about how Elemental supports NTB live streaming, watch this video case study, produced by our Norwegian partner, AVIT.
Elemental is pleased to announce the 4K 4Charity Fun Run PDX – an event that celebrates the achievements of the growing and diverse technology community in Portland, Oregon. Set for Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2015 at 3:00 pm, the 4 km (2.49-mile) runners’ course will travel along Tom McCall Waterfront Park, overlooking the scenic Willamette River.
Elemental has organized runs of this kind at very large tradeshows over the last two years. Hundreds of runners have joined us and together we’ve raised close to $100K for charity. Now, we’re bringing this successful event to the local community. This highlight reel provides a feel for the most recent 4K 4Charity Fun Run that was held in Las Vegas.
The 4K 4Charity Fun Run PDX will also present corporate and individual participants the opportunity to give back, with 100% of individual registrants’ contributions going to charity in lieu of race fees. Proceeds from the 4K 4Charity Fun Run PDX will benefit Rosemary Anderson High School (RAHS), an Opportunities Industrialization Center, Inc. (OIC) community-based alternative high school.
Please join us and make a difference today! Here are the 4K 4Charity Fun Run PDX quick facts:
- Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2015
- Start time: 3:00 pm
- Location: Tom McCall Waterfront Park, Hawthorne Bridge
- After Party: World Trade Center Outdoor Plaza
- Registration: Open now to the Portland technology community
Thank you to all 4K 4Charity Fun Run PDX sponsors for their support and generosity. Without you, this positive industry event would not be possible:
- Co-founding Sponsors: Elemental Technologies, Puppet Labs and Simple
- Association Sponsors: Portland Development Commission (PDC), the Technology Association of Oregon (TAO) and Silicon Florist
A limited number of sponsorship positions are still open. If you are interested in being a part of the 4K 4Charity Fun Run PDX, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help make history by showing support and appreciation for a first-of-its-kind event in Portland. Join your co-workers and industry friends by registering now.
I am thrilled to announce that Elemental is joining forces with Amazon to accelerate the development and adoption of our software-defined video platform. As a part of Amazon Web Services, Elemental will continue to operate under our existing brand, delivering the full range of solutions required by our customers.
Like Elemental, Amazon believes in relentlessly executing on a long-term vision to help customers solve their most difficult problems. This alignment made us strong technology partners over the past four years. Through this partnership, we learned that Elemental and Amazon share similar core values and that the cultural alignment between the two companies is remarkable. Elemental’s top core value of Integrity is similar to Amazon’s Leadership Principal ‘Earn Trust of Others.’ Amazon ups the ante on Elemental’s core value of ‘Customer Centrism’ with their ‘Customer Obsession.’ And Elemental’s third core value, ‘Innovation,’ is matched by Amazon’s ‘Invent and Simplify.’ This alignment around the fundamental, intrinsic cultural values shared by our teams ensures that we will do great things together.
Even with the technical and cultural alignment between the two companies, entering into this journey with Amazon was something we thought long and hard about. We came to the conclusion that moving forward was the right thing for all of our stakeholders. Specifically:
- For our customers: Elemental’s unrelenting focus on making customers excessively happy will continue unabated. Whether you are running our software on-premises or in the cloud, you will see our pace of innovation accelerate and our investment in Service and Support increase.
- For our team: You have built the world’s leading software-defined video company, out-innovating and out-performing larger, entrenched competitors. This relationship will allow us to substantially grow our global team and ensure that we realize our vision to enhance more than 90% of the video bits being delivered over IP networks.
- For our community: Our community’s long- and short-term investments made Elemental possible. We are committed to ensuring that the “virtuous cycle” continues and will continue to expand our early Community Investment efforts in ways that enhance the cities in which we live around the world.
Thank you to everyone who has played a role in Elemental’s success thus far. We look forward to being an even better partner to our stakeholders as the next stage of the journey unfolds.