We actively apply the principles of reduce, reuse and recycle throughout the organization. We do our part to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by using local bike-based delivery when possible and strongly support employee use of public transportation, cycling, walking or carpooling to work.
Great companies fill a city with great citizens, and we strive to become one of Portland’s most successful companies. We help sustain the thriving and livable city we love by acting as a source for quality jobs, valuable technology and economic success.
We engage with the wider community in constructive ways by offering paid time off specifically for volunteer events and through our Community Ambassador Program. We seek out local vendors and sustainability-certified businesses to stay in sync with our green philosophy while supporting our green neighbors.
How We Commute
" Part of Portland’s DNA is a commitment to sustainability and environmental stewardship; from the start, AWS Elemental has demonstrated a passion for longevity in business, in the community and to the planet, making me proud to work here. "Kathy Thielen, HR
Our Many Shades of Green
- Located in a historic downtown building, updated to LEED Gold
- City of Portland Sustainability at Work Gold Certified
- TriMet annual passes and carshare memberships for employees
- Full kitchen composting and filtered rather than bottled water
- Go Box Portland has saved 5,549 disposable food cartons from the landfill – so far!